Running an ecommerce business comes with a number of challenges, but the most important relate to reaching customers, and convincing them to buy.
But let’s face it: most entrepreneurs don’t start out as professional marketers, and even fewer have the time necessary to master every new tool under the sun. Not to mention that getting started with marketing can feel a little overwhelming.
Even once you reach a receptive audience, making sure customers feel comfortable throughout the buying process can be tough. But providing easy-to-understand purchasing and checkout options are a huge help, and we have new features to help with that, too.
All of your marketing campaigns in one place
This summer, Shopify store owners will gain access to a brand new marketing section, a part of Shopify designed to help level the playing field. Easily create smarter digital marketing campaigns that put your products in front of the right shoppers—all within Shopify.
What this means for you:
- All your digital marketing, all-in-one: With this centralized section housed within Shopify, you’ll be able to create digital marketing campaigns faster and more efficiently than ever before, using all the marketing apps you’ve come to rely on. That means email campaigns, social media posts, referral campaigns, discount banners, paid ad campaigns and more, all in one place. Goodbye, tab overload.
- Smarter campaigns: Quickly compare your campaign results across different marketing activities. Did your Mother’s Day ad campaign pay off? How did your Valentine’s Day campaign compare to your Easter weekend discount? Get insights to fuel smarter campaigns in the future.
- Personalized recommendations: What should you do next to get the most value for your dollar? Shopify’s intelligent, insights-driven marketing recommendations will guide you to the right audience based on your unique store and products.
Buy One, Get One (BOGO) discounts
Starting this week, you can create Buy One, Get One (BOGO) discounts or be as creative with your online discounts as you’d like with discounts based on quantity sales.
Create your discount, use the shareable discount link to promote it and have visitors delivered right to the discounted product page, all without having to enter a discount code. Or offer BOGO discounts to specific customers to fuel your retention and loyalty programs.
Whether you’re working from desktop or the Shopify mobile app, you can launch BOGO promotions with just a few clicks (or taps). Thank your most loyal customers with discounts just for them. Send discounts to groups or individuals.
You can also mix and match products of your choice, turning them into creative promotions to reward existing customers and boost sales. Buy X/Get Y, quantity, shipping and other discount types all provide more flexibility for building loyalty programs as well. And you’ll be able to see how well your discounts are working thanks to clear performance reporting, so you can repeat your biggest successes.
Getting the right people to your store is only half the battle: the next step is providing them with the best customer experience possible once they arrive. That means eliminating friction wherever you can along the way.
Dynamic Checkout is a one-step checkout that personalizes a customer’s purchase experience. Provide your customers with an even smoother checkout process by prompting them to pay with their preferred method right on your product pages.
Here’s how it works:
- Personalized checkout methods: Show your customers their favorite checkout method instead of overwhelming them with options. A PayPal user will see the PayPal button, an Apple Pay user will see an Apple Pay button, and so on.
- Capture intent earlier: Your visitors are prompted to start the checkout experience directly on the product page.
- Make purchases even easier: This reduces the number of steps needed to checkout, which means less friction and an overall better customer experience.
The best part? It’s available to all Shopify merchants right now.
Selling made simple
Most entrepreneurs aren’t professional marketers. With Shopify, they don’t have to be.
With new and upcoming marketing resources, like the marketing section, BOGO discounts, and dynamic checkout, we’re demystifying digital marketing and making it easier for you to get the right product in front of the right people at the right time.